Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2.5 down

 
Everything is great down here in Monterrey!
 
Yesterday we had an investigator bring her famil to church and the daughter wants to be baptized right away! As soon as we have a lesson with her i get the opportunity to invite her to baptsm!!!! That would make three investigators that accepted baptism including her mom. We also had two less active families that we visited come to church and seemed to really enjoy it again.
 
I¨m glad to hear that everyone is doing well and nothing is bad up there.
 
Time is really flying by. Today marks a month here in Monterrey and two and a half months of my mission!! That´s crazy that Sally leaves in a few weeks!
 
I´m going to ask a family in the ward if they will let me use their skype and I´m about 98 percent sure the will let me. If that´s the case, next monday I will give you information about the time and everything. I can´t wait!
 
Walking 5-7 miles a day is pretty brutal on my knees but I keep praying for strength to keep chugging along. My Spanish is doing very well. I fully participate in conversations now and am able to communicate very well. People comment on my accent and how well I can speak and then when they ask how much time I have in the mission and I say three weeks you should see the look on their face. It makes me feel good. Also when they ask me how old I am and i tell them I´m 18 they think I´m lying. I ask them , "well how old do i look?" They answer twenty five at least. Im so much bigger than most of the people here.
 
Also after this I will be sending many pictures for you all to enjoy :) I love the Lord, I love the opportunity I have to serve the wonderful people of This great city, and I love missionary work. I love and miss all of you and cant wait to talk on christmas! Tata for now!!
 
Adios!
Elder Joseph Harold Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment