Tuesday, December 3, 2013

In Mexico, Finally!!

Hola Familia!!!

Its great here in Mexico!! My companion is Elder Campos. He is a small Mexican who speaks ok english and is from Guerrero Mexico. I arrived on Monday and spent the day in meetings with the office staff and an interview from Presidente Swapp. Then we spent the night with the front office at their apartment around the corner and woke up the next morning for more meetings. We then found out who our trainers were, got some materials and then headed for our house. we took a taxi to a station where all of the new missionaries and their traniers were and then took another taxi for 30 minutes to our house.

Our area is Lincoln A. Elder Hassard is with his trainer in Lincoln B. So i see him quite a bit. He still really struggles but his spanish will come along sometime. We are trying to help him. As for me, the Spanish is coming along. I can understand almost everything that people say but I get scared that I cant conjugate the word correctly so that they understand me so i either say very little or nothing at all. But I am learning quite a bit and opening my mouth more.

Our week started off great. My first day we got three new investigators. But the past three days, all of our appointments have fallen through (20) and we have had very minmal contacts. But I konw things will get better if we keep working hard.

We cover an area called Barrio Estrella which is middle class, Alianza which is lower class and some houses made from garbage and others have no roof, and mitras poinientes which is super nice and rich. Nobody here has carpet. it is either concrete or tile. our apartmernt was super dirty but we have cleaned it up pretty good.

I love my companion and we get along really well. Church was awesome. We have a big branch or a super small ward. 100 people if we are lucky. But one of our investigators came to church so we were super stoked!!!!! Missions are amazing whether good or bad things happen.

Oh and we had two drunk mexicans start yelling at us and saying , how can you e messengers of God if you dont have the Bible memorized. They started moving really close to Elder Campos and I moved inbetween them. Because Im so much bigger than everyone here, they stopped, looked at me, apologized and walked away. That was interesting.

Well anyways my time is about to run out here at the corner store. I love you all soooooo much and miss you all soooooo much and cant wait to talk to you again.

I think andi and jace are going to have a boy because i want a nephew for when i get back.

I will pray for israel and I hope all continues to go well for everybody!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

Elder Joseph Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment