Monday, March 3, 2014

Transferred!

I did get transferred and my trainer stayed in Linclon. I got moved to an area called La Fama A. I literally live on a mountain and have to climb up and down all day every day. My new companion is from Nicuragua and his name is Elder Estrada. It was pretty rough on my knees the first couple of days but now Im used to it. 

The weather has been super hot and having to climb a mountain makes it worse. Im constantly sweating. I thought it was going to be super hard getting used to members and investigators that are new but it hasn't really been super hard. 

That's awesome to hear about the Gilbert Temple, Dave's baby, and now Brother Curtis!!! Thats sad to hear that the Haws are leaving. Im glad to hear that Andi had support from her ward and that her shower went well. Im grateful to hear that Randy is progressing poco a poco.

 I actually found the letter that Bro. Kartchner gave to me and I can already translate it! the same size for the suit pants please. The length and how the fit are fine. I dont have an address here so they will have to go through the office. :( 

We pay by the half hour for the computers here in Mexico. I would love to read Sally's emails. 

There was a hit and run yesterday in my area. We were with a member when we heard the crash. We ran and I was the first one there. IT was an 18 year old kid who was delivering beer to the local Tecate Shop when someone hit him. He started going into shock but i called him down, told him my name and that I was his friend. I asked him if he would let me evaluate him. I checked his hands, neck, chest, and ribs. Nothing was broken. Then when i was checking his legs and hips, he starting yelling alot. So when the ambulance got there, I had to tell them that I checked him and that everything seemed to be fine except for his legs and hip. They asked me to help them hold him still while they cut his jeans to check hjis leg. Sure enough it was broken. Then I helped them get him on a stretcher and then the cops and medical talked to me for a little bit and then we went back with the member. I also told the police and medical that there was a possibility that he did Cocaine because his pinky nail was super long and the rest were cut short. They thanked me for all of the information and said that they were glad I was there to help. Scouts and my anatomy class really helped me alot. 

Also, i know that I was supposed to be there because we were going to go with another family when me and my companion had the impression that we needed to visit a different member. The spirit talks to you. Listen to it.

 Im so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here to help the poeple of Mexico acercarse mas a Dios. Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadera. I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and the only true church on the Earth. I nkow that we are guided by a living prophet. I love you all and encourage you all to talk to one person this week that you don't nkow about the gospel and share your testimony. Its the most powerful weapon you have. I love you all sooooo much and will write you more next week. Keep strong in the Faith!!!!

Adios!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Joseph Harold Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment