Monday, March 3, 2014

Feeling Confident

Hola madre y familia!!!!!!

Everything is going ok. This past Friday, Elder Campos got short changed to another area in our zone and I received the Senior Companion from there. The senior companion baptized a joven who literally fell in love and when they didnt visit her like every three days, she would make herself throw up or cut herself with glass. She then told him on Valentines Day that she was in love with him. He called Presidente Swapp and was short changed into my area. So for the past five days Ive been the senior companion having to report the dats to the DL, talk to the Sisters that feed us and answer the calls that come on the phone and report to ward council. 

I feel alot more confident in my Spanish and my ability to be a leader in very short time. President Swapp said that out of my generation of the mission, the people I came with, that I speak the most fluently and there is a chance that I will be training this next transfer. Im kind of freaking out about ransfers jajaja. Linclon will be divided into three areas, A B yC. We receive Hermanas tomorrow who will be in Lincoln B. I dont know if im going or staying.

 Im glad to hear that everything is still being ok there at home. Im super happy to hear that dad is adjusting well to his calling. The garfield strips were very funny and Elder Campos couldnt understand why it was so funny. He said, must be a gringo thing. It is jajaja. My black suit is starting to fall apart because I had to wearit at the MTC everyday and I used the pants when it rained so i didnt appear wet everywhere. BOth pairs of pants are starting to rip and the suit ripped on the underlining, I think thats what its called jaja. BUt other than that yes everything is doing ok. Im glad to hear that the work is still progressing in the ward. 

We didnt have a baptism this change, but I look at it as we planted a ton of seeds for future missionaries who come to the area. I starting to miss American food and Im missing the olympics. But helping people gain eternal life in the presence of God and their families is more important :) We had a Ward mission activity that we taught the miembros como contact their neighbors and friends and teach principles. Are ward isnt very supportive but they are becoming more supportive. If I dont get changed then I will have a specific address. But if i get changed no..... So next week we will find out.

 My health is better  and I have lost ten or fifteen pounds since coming here. It was 90 yesterday and close to 100 the day before. Today it eels like 93. Feels just like home. But I will be losing a ton more weight during these months. IM so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve this mission and to bless the people of Mexico. There is nothing better! Algo that I want to share is that Home Teaching is almost the same thing as missionary work. You go two by two and teach the principles of the gospel, keep people active or reactivate others. Home teaching is a big help to the missionaries. I love you all and will talk to you next week!!!!

Adios!!!!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Joseph Harold Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment