Monday, January 27, 2014

2 letters! Banner day!

Hola madre, familia, y amigos!!!
We have a progressing family that we found through contacting that we are excited about. We also have a progressing investigator that is in a union libre. That ones tricky. A union libre is when someone is married but not living together and they have permission to have kids and be with another person. If she wants to get baptized, she has to get divorced and then marry her "partner". Ya.....
 
We wont move apartments until the next change but we are for sure moving. We are either living next to the other elders or moving to a gated community called Mitras Poiniente. Either way I'm bummed because my only convert and most of the few families we have in our are in the ward are in the part that the sisters will get because its safer. And, there is the possibility that I will be transferred. But oh well.
 
 I have literally eaten all types of food. Pizza, Pasta, Tacos, Flautas, Fried pig intestine and lung (ew ew ew) fish, mole, types of soy meats that i actually like that I didn't think I would, and tons of other stuff.
 
Our ward has about 90-100 people on a good day and most of them come in after the sacrament because people are always super late down here. The work down here is interesting. People want to change their life, be baptized, and o good things, but they wont keep their commitments, come to church, or obey the Word of Wisdom or Law of Chastity. It breaks my heart because I love them so much and want to help them but they wont help themselves and we are doing all that we can.
 
I'm glad to hear that there our opportunities for both jace and Jeff and I pray very hard for you all every day.
 
Ive almost finished the BOM in three months and have finished Our Heritage and Our Search For Happiness and I am working on Jesus the Christ and the Bible. I love everything about this gospel. When I come home, There are things that I used to do that I have plans to change and better my life and the things at home. I love you all so verrrrrrryyyyy much and will see you all in a very short 18-19 months. The time is just lying flying by down here.
Also i have been getting Andrea's emails.
 
Well i have to go and try to reunite a broken family in a Family Home Evening. I hope all goes well. We had investigators tell us that they want us to baptize them and not anybody else so they are going to do all that they can to be prepared. The people love me and I love them. They really are MY people Remember that the Lord is always there for you and has blessings in store for us if we are obedient and study the scriptures a lot.
Con mucho mucho amor y sabiduria,
Elder Joseph Harold Wight
_______________________________________________________

Dear Andrea,
 
Dang girl your belly is huge! hahahaha jk. Little Nashy is getting antsy to come into this world but has to wait to see his favorite uncle. such a bummer haha.
 
I'm glad things are going well for you jace and Nash and I pray alot for the family and especially that Jace will have opportunities to advance in the workforce of Wells Fargo. The Lord has things in store for your family that are bigger than you can imagine.
 
You will be a wonderful mother and little nashy will learn how to play football and baseball from Uncle Joe in 19 months.
The time is just flying by here. Its super crazy. i get your photos and emails but like Ive been telling mom, my companion is terrible with time management and literally almost throws a tantrum if we don't do tings his way. soooooo ya.
 
Well I love you and wish you all the best.
Con Amor,
Elder Joseph Harold Wight
Always the favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment