Monday, January 13, 2014

Bi-polar Weather

Hola Madre y Familia!!!

The reason my letter was short last week was because my companion has no sense of time management and tries to take the cheap route to everything. We were drying our clothes with a member and it got to be 430. I told him that we needed to go to the internet cafe to write. For one hour it costs ten pesos. He said, "No we can write here" So with one computer we took turns. But he took more time because he feels like because he is senior companion hes the king of the world. We have been kind of butting heads lately because he wants to do things that arent effective and take up time. Its kind of difficult.
 
So anyways, this week was pretty good. The standard number of contacts for the misison is 35 but because our zone is lo mejor en the mission, we sdt the goal of 45. This is the first week that we accomplished that goal of 35 and 45.
 
My spanish is coming along pretty well and I feel comfortable here. The people here are kind and loving. It feels like home here in my first area. It will be hard for me to leave when the time comes. My knees are doing ok. They get pretty beat up and hurt alot at the end of each day but its worth it.
 
Thats so awesome for dad (getting called to the high council) and its a bummer that Spencer got released from young mens but he will do great as secretary. Who is the new young Mens Presidnet? Whats going on in college football and the NFL? Some drunk people invited me and Elder Campos for a taco and watch a liitle of the Colts vs Patriots game hahaha.
 
Hows everybody doing? Hows Andi and Nash doing? Hows Jeffs work? Hows randy doing?
 
Im starting to dream in Spanglish. It is really weird.
 
All of the less actives that promised to come to church didnt come. It breaks my heart to see a light in their eyes when we teach them and then to have Satan make it so that they dont come to church. Its hard to see poeple progress so far and then fall. We pray so hard for them.
 
The weather here is so bipolar. It was 40 drgrees and rainy one day and the next four days were 80 degrees with nothing but sun.
 
Well I sure love you all and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve this mission and this people.
We got a new DL and ZL and both are super cool and I felt super motivated after our Junta on Wednesday. Well I love you all SOOOOO much and I will talk to you later!
Adios!!
Con Amor,
Elder Joseph Harold Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment